Monday, May 14, 2012

Review : The Savage Grace by Bree Despain



*Warning: This review may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk.

Publisher: EgmontUSA
Release Date: March 13, 2012
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 488

The Story:

A troubled soul

An impossible choice

A final battle

Wrestling with the werewolf curse pulsing deep inside of her, Grave Divine was finally able to find her brother, but it nearly cost her everything.

With her boyfriend, Daniel, stuck in wolf form and the greatest alpha. Sirhan, near death, a Challenging Ceremony to determine the new leader of the pack looms. Destined to be a bloddy battle, it will be Grace's final chance to stop Caleb Kalbi and his gang of demons. If she fails, her family and hometown will perish. Everything rests on Grace's shoulders.

The final installment in The Dark Divine trilogy brings Daniel and Grace's love story to a breathtaking conclusion.

--via The Savage Grace book-jacket
Rating: FOUR Gold Stars!!!!
My Review: One Word: GRIPPING
First, I want to say how much I enjoyed The Dark Divine trilogy. I remember when I started reading the first book, The Dark Divine, in my dorm room of Spring 2010. When I picked up the book I had no idea what Daniel's secret was. But once I was a few pages in I just couldn't put it down. So, you can imagine my dismay when I discovered half way through The Savage Grace that it was the final installment.

But, going on to my opinion of The Savage Grace as an individual book ... As my one word review says -- gripping -- I could not put this book down. Point. Blank. There is without a doubt an even balance between action, paranormal and romance. Not to mention, the alpha villain was just delicious. If you've read the previous installments of The Dark Divine trilogy and wondering "What the hell is she talking out about?" ... let's just say there is indeed a twist *hint, hint.*

It is in The Savage Grace that Grace Divine discovers her purpose ... what she truly wants out of life. Daniel finds his footing as a True Alpha ... what being a leader and being person -- not just a werewolf -- is really like. The Lost Boys finally find their home ... where they belong and the true meaning of family.

The Savage Grace is the bittersweet end of a divine journey with Grace and her werewolves. And it sent The Dark Divine trilogy in farewell on an entrancing, howling note.

Here is one of my favorite quotes from The Savage Grace:

Grace: I watched as April and Charity bounded out of the family room, leaving Baby James to suck on the edge of his blankey with blissful oblivion. At least I never had to worry about his running off with a pack of paranormal thugs. - page 297

***Check out Bree Despain's website for more information about her and The Savage Grace: HERE

Happy Reading!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...